The 2022 annual North Olmsted Homecoming was held Thursday, Aug. 25 through Sunday, August 28th.
Homecoming 2022 is in the books! We had beautiful weather, a great Midway, great participation from community groups, and so many people eager to come together and “Celebrate Good Times” once again. We hope you enjoyed the weekend and the fireworks show topping off the festival.
A huge “Thank You” to all the NOCC volunteers who practically lived at the park for four days, and everyone who was involved in:
- Planning, planning, and more planning!
- Arranging entertainment
- Obtaining a replacement carnival rides company
- Digging out the electrical vaults, wiring the boxes, ensuring vendors/booths were properly connected
- Setting up sound equipment and the stage
- Arranging the Big Tent, including pursuing sponsorships
- Arranging portable bathrooms
- Setting up signage, fire lanes, and marking off the Midway
- Organizing the Car Show
- Organizing the Taste of North Olmsted
- Organizing the Pie Eating contest
- Obtaining Patron Ads
- Publishing the Homecoming Flyer
- Setting up the Parade
- Directing traffic for the Parade
This is just a representative sampling, and there are dozens more jobs not listed here. I would also like to call out the outstanding partnership between NOCC and the city, who provided security, trash collection, and much more. It takes an enormous amount of work to manage a successful Homecoming, and Community Council always steps up to the task.With that said, we don’t want to rest on our laurels, and encourage you to think about next year! If you’ve held back for any reason, think about getting more involved! We can always use you!
President, North Olmsted Community Council